Rick Halperin rhalperi at smu.edu
Tue Jul 9 07:59:25 CDT 2019

July 9

NEW ZEALAND:

Give paedophiles 'involuntary euthanasia': Adviser for Hannah Tamaki's
Coalition NZ Party

A campaign manager for Hannah Tamaki's Coalition New Zealand Party has called
for the Government to introduce involuntary euthanasia for paedophiles who are
repeat offenders.

Jevan Goulter, who told the Herald his personal views don't necessarily
represent the political party's stance, says its time for New Zealand to
discuss the death penalty and involuntary euthanasia, alongside David Seymour's
End of Life Bill after passing its 2nd reading.

The campaign manager originally took to social media stating he wanted the
euthanasia bill killed and the reintroduction of the death penalty for
paedophiles who are repeat offenders.

"Kill the Euthanasia Bill, reintroduce the 1961 death penalty for third time
offenders," he said in a video.

"If we're already talking about euthanasia, something that's going to threaten
our most vulnerable people in this country, the elderly, people with
Alzheimer's, dementia patients, people with disabilities, people that suffer
from depression and mental illnesses, then should we not just throw a few of
these paedophiles who commit heinous crimes against our children?

"We should save $100,000 of taxpayers money that it cost us to hold them in
jail and just damn well euthanise the bastards! If we're going to talk about
human life, they're the ones who deserve it."

Following Goulter's strong stance the Herald contacted Destiny Church, run by
Hannah and Brian Tamaki, who said the church is currently undertaking its own
research on euthanasia and don't yet have a formal position regarding the
debate.

During the launch of the Coalition NZ Party in May, Hannah Tamaki highlighted
potential issues surrounding euthanasia, marijuana and late-term abortions.

However, in an interview with the Herald, Goulter, who works for Coalition NZ,
said the party is yet to formalise any stance on euthanasia but says it will be
a topic raised between party members.

Keen to elaborate on his own views, Goulter says if the country is "intelligent
enough" to discuss euthanasia then a debate around the death penalty needs to
be had.

He told the Herald the term euthanasia is just an "umbrella" term for many
forms of death, including "involuntary euthanasia", and believes New Zealanders
need to have a more in-depth discussion around the topic before making a final
decision.

"As a country, if we believe ourselves to be intelligent enough to have a
discussion around euthanasia, why not open the door and put other things on the
table at the same time.

"One of the reasons they got rid of the death penalty is because it was
inhumane. But we're in 2019 now and it wouldn't be inhumane because you
wouldn't be giving voluntary euthanasia to people if it was inhumane.

"You'd be giving them the same thing as the death penalty. So it's no longer
inhumane.

"When it comes to children I'm calling for 3 strikes and you're out. if our
justice system gets it wrong 3 times then there is something wrong with that.

"People say euthanasia is completely different to the death penalty because
you're aiding those who suffer from terminal or incurable illness, but my
argument is when you look at the definition of euthanasia it's an umbrella word
for voluntary euthanasia, involuntary euthanasia and non-voluntary euthanasia.

"If we're going to debate euthanasia, we are also really debating involuntary
euthanasia which is similar to the death penalty.

"We have a lot of problems in New Zealand, such as poverty, a lack of homes.
What makes it okay to spend $90,000-$100,000 a year to home paedophiles in
jail, then let them out to potentially reoffend again.

"At what point do we say it's not our job to take human life. But then we
decide we're going to allow euthanasia anyway, so I'm saying why the hell would
you allow a paedophile out to go and screw with a child's innocence just for
the sake you want to take the moral high ground on human life.

"It's hypocrisy from people who support voluntary euthanasia but don't support
involuntary euthanasia."

The last person to be executed was Walter James Bolton, for poisoning his wife,
on 18 February 1957.

Walter maintained his innocence right until his last breath, which raised
questions about whether capital punishment was inhumane.

The death penalty in New Zealand was abolished in 1961.

END OF LIFE BILL

David Seymour's End of Life Bill allows people with less than 6 months to live
or with a grievous and irremediable medical condition to have a lethal dose of
medication to cause death, although Seymour has said he will put up an
amendment to ensure it applies only to people to people with 6 months to live.

To be eligible, the patient must meet the above conditions and be in an
advanced state of irreversible decline in capability and experiencing
unbearable suffering, be aged at least 18 and be a New Zealand citizen or
resident. The patient must initiate the request to their attending medical
practitioner who must seek an independent second opinion and, if either of them
doubt the competence of the patient, get a third from a psychiatrist or
psychologist.

However, the bill faces a number of hurdles, including from opponents who are
pledging to table more than a hundred amendments during the committee stages.

(source: New Zealand Herald)

GREAT BRITAIN:

Tory members support bringing back death penalty, poll finds

Members of the Conservative Party support bringing back capital punishment and
believe Donald Trump would make a good prime minister of the UK, a new survey
has found.

The YouGov poll also found most members believe that Islam is a "threat" to the
UK.

The study showed 58% of members supported the death penalty for certain crimes,
56% said they believe Islam is "generally a threat" to the British way of life,
and 54% agreed that Donald Trump would be a good PM.

The poll also found that 46% believe climate change concern is exaggerated, 49%
think schools should not be required to teach on LGBT relationships and 51%
said people who claim benefits could find work if they tried hard enough.

The poll - which was commissioned for Channel 4's Dispatches - also found that
four in 10 Tory members (42%) thought that having a multicultural country had
damaged British society.

The Dispatches episode will air tonight at 8pm and also cover Islamophobic
Facebook posts made by Tory members.

One member of a Boris Johnson supporters' page said they would "ban all Muslim
entering the whole of Great Britain".

A Conservative spokesperson responded to the posts highlighted by Dispatches,
saying: “Those people making these posts that we have found to be members of
the party have been suspended pending investigation.

“Discrimination or abuse of any kind is wrong and will not be tolerated.”

The poll, which questioned 892 members of the party, was carried out between
June 11 and June 14.

Tory members are currently choosing who will be the UK's next prime minister.

(source: The National)

PHILIPPINES:

Opposition senators vow to block death penalty

Opposition senators said they will try their best to fight the re-imposition of
capital punishment in the country as the growing number of senators in the 18th
Congress openly endorsed its passage.

Senate Minority leader Franklin Drilon admitted it will be an uphill battle
against the revival of death penalty but he vowed to fight “tooth and nail” to
block the proposal with fellow opposition lawmakers.

“It will be a tough fight considering that it is an administration-backed
legislation and a number of senators have openly endorsed its passage. Let
alone our diminished number in the Senate,” Drilon said.

“Notwithstanding these difficulties we will do our best to prevent it. We will
never allow the 18th Congress to give license to authorities to kill the poor,”
he added.

Apart from Senate President Vicente Sotto III and senators Manny Pacquiao,
Ronald dela Rosa, Panfilo Lacson, and Christopher Go, who authored the bill
reviving death penalty, those who expressed support for it include senators
Sherwin Gatchalian, Cynthia Villar, Imee Marcos, Aquilino Pimentel III, Juan
Edgardo Angara, Pia Cayetano, Bong Revilla, Francis Tolentino, and Lito Lapid.

Drilon said given the inadequacies of the justice system, to revive the death
penalty is to give a death sentence to the poor, who will be made victims of
this cruel and inhumane punishment.

“It has been proven time and again that capital punishment is not an effective
deterrent to crimes. Only the poor will be made victim of this measure,” Drilon
said. “No justice will be served if it involves taking a life. Let’s be more
rational, humane, independent, and conscientious in handling this very
sensitive issue.”

Drilon said the anti-death penalty senators will count for support from the
majority of Filipinos who expressed strong opposition to restoration of death
penalty.

He added a Social Weather Stations survey last year showed that 7 out of 10
Filipinos were not in favor of imposing death penalty on a number of serious
crimes.

Drilon said the protocol does not provide for any withdrawal or derogation
mechanism, which means that parties to the protocol cannot reinstate death
penalty without violating international law. “Unless this issue is resolved, we
cannot have a complete debate, because we will be back to the same question:
can Philippines re-impose death penalty without any regard to our treaty
obligation?” said Drilon.

(source: Panay News)

MALAYSIA:

Word ‘mandatory’ to be removed from laws prescribing death penalty

The word “mandatory” preceding “death sentence” will be removed from laws
against drug trafficking, Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad today said.

It will be left to the presiding judge to decide whether to sentence the
convicted party to death or jail for no less than 10 years, he said.

(source: themalaysianinsight.com)

ZIMBABWE:

Job Sikhala faces a death penalty for treason

Former president Mugabe once said of Madhuku "that once he is broke he provokes
the law enforcement so that when he is arrested his sponsors will vilify
Zimbabwe and consequently pour money to his pocket organisation which will
eventually get into his pocket. It was rightfully named the Madhuku strategy."
This is the syndrome which has gripped the broke MDC and are doing everything
they can to provoke the law enforcement to action and then they cry human
rights. This will mKe them get a high pay cheque at the expense of the Nation.
They are desperately finding a reason to be arrested and tarnish the name of
Zimbabwe.

It is not by coincidence that the Sky News flighted by night a damaging article
on Zimbabwe featuring the Rural Teachers Association of Zimbabwe. It is not a
different song which the misguided MDC youth sang on calling for removal of the
Zimbabwean government through illegal means. Then Job the political wonderer
coined it up when he presided over an MDC Alliance rally in Bikita.

It is a total surprise that MDC is distancing itself from the treasonous
statements by Job Sikhala. One should remind the MDC that what is said on its
official business is deemed to have been said by them. To ditch the folk
tongued Sikhala at this stage shows that the MDC A can not stand by its own.
One is reminded of Chamisa when he called MDC members stupids for standing ip
for his cause. The speech by Job exposes MDC A as a violent party which is
power hungry which can do anything and everything to gain power. This attitude
of the MDC singles them out to be mercenaries and enemies of the state and the
nation. Zimbabwe has presided over the fall of Opposition political class. We
now have a power hungry violent outfit masquerading as opposition.

>From the day Chamisa stole the MDC leadership opposition is failing and our
political system is collapsing. Chamisa went further to gather all the rebells
and drafted them to his side. These are the people who would not have seen a dY
in MDC if Tsvangirai was alive.

The Opposition has lost its meaning since the demise os Tsvangirai.

The Opposition's main role is to question the government of the day and hold
them accountable. Opportunities for scrutinising the policies and
administration of the Government are provided in parliament Members of the
Opposition who are members of parliamentary committees have a further
opportunity to scrutinise new legislation as part of the committee process.

The Opposition also utilises the media to reach the electorate with its views
and to establish an identity as an alternative government. It is wrong for any
opposition to Advocate for the removal of the constitutionally elected
government by force.

The speech by Job Sikhala was. Job badly done.

The Opposition wants to present itself as a Government in waiting. It does this
mostly through the media and by campaigning in the constituencies but
Parliament is also an important forum for this. The opposition therefore play a
role in criticising Government policy when there are disagreements between the
parties, for example in reply to Ministerial statements and in debates on
legislation. It proposes motions and amendments to legislation and is able to
get these debated. Other opposition parties are also able to criticise the
government and move amendments.

Parliament is part of the general debate between Government and Opposition that
takes place between general elections and helps to establish the credibility of
the Opposition. However MDC has no clue of its functions as an apposition
party.

Chamisa has transformed opposition to be an entity which creates division, and
their concern is often on national splits and challenges the government and
mistakes by ministers rather than what the debate between the Government and
Opposition is actually about.

Opposition is supposed to put its case through Parliamentary debate. But
Chamisa has become known for preaching hardships and problems for the nation.
He actually takes pride in throwing spanners in the engine of the economy. He
has not stopped to boast about how his actions have brought Zimbabwe to its
knees.

Then his disciple war lord Sikhala raises stench and vomits treason.

In a normal situation any opposition leader who lobbies for sanctions and prays
for poverty against his own people would be charged of treason. His actions are
diabolic and evil. Worse still a leader who calls for the removal of the
government by force must be charged without any excuse. Job Sikhala has to be
charged of treason as soon as possible.

The Opposition political system used to be seen as one of the wonders of the
world. Max Weber, the great German sociologist, gave a seminal lecture on "The
Profession and Vocation of Politics" in Munich. Speaking in the chaotic and
revolutionary aftermath of the First World War, he expressed his admiration for
the Opposition system and the way its politicians and officials managed to
maintain prosperity and stability while allowing a working democracy to
flourish.it was reputed around the world as the cradle of democracy, tolerance
and downright decency. No longer. Chamisa has made opposition politics look
like really war.

Chamisa's immature behaviour has led to the complete collapse of our political
system. It is painful to see people engaged in real civil wars pitying us for
the deep division in the country and the inability of our political leaders to
resolve it. We have watched with bewilderment, despair and exasperation as the
opposition politics degenerate into war situation in Zimbabwe.

We have gone from being the most stable country in Africa to one of the least,
from a country governed by a broad pragmatic consensus to a society divided
into two doctrinaire camps and from a government that managed crises well to
political leaders who can't even control their own parties. Worst of all we
have gone from a relatively civilised and tolerant political discourse to
violence on our streets directed at people who are actually in power.

Job Sikhala has used a rally in Bikit to threaten the government. Action has to
be taken against him. The law must fully coil around his lip and show others
how peaceful se are.

Zimbabwe needs a progressive opposition.

All what we have heard by Chamisa is that he will work against the nations yet
he wants to lead the same people he is punishing. Now his trusted thug Job
Sikhala declares war on the government.

It is easy to hate ED without a reason. This is because the economy is
struggling and people are really in trouble. But we need to see the big
picture.

Opposition now operates as armed rebels. Having tried the ballot box now they
are using the economy which they are sabotaging. They celebrate any suffering
caused by their actions. Instead of coming up with ideas to improve the economy
they actually campaign against it. They have taken their shenanigans to another
level. They are now calling for an unlawful removal of the government.

So the jecha brigade are not progressive their actions are talking evil. Now
they are talking war.

Sikhala's statements must be condemned and he must be charged of treason.

(source: bulawayo24.com)

SOMALIA----executions

Al-Shabab Kills 18 in Surge of Executions

Somali militant group al-Shabab has executed 18 people since Wednesday, an
unprecedented rate of executions for the group, which is under pressure from
U.S. airstrikes.

Militants put to death 4 people in the southern town of Jamame on Sunday,
immediately after the judge in an al-Shabab court declared them guilty.

Firing squads shot and killed 2 men accused of being Somali government soldiers
and a woman accused of being a spy for Kenya. The militants identified the
woman as 20-year-old Iqra Abdi Aden.

Afterward, an 18-year-old man, Nur Bakar Jirow, was publicly stoned to death
for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl. The man argued the sex was consensual,
but the judge said he deserved the death penalty because he was married at the
time.

On Saturday, al-Shabab firing squads killed 3 men accused of being Somali
government soldiers in the town of Kurtunwarey in the Lower Shabelle region. In
Buale town of the neighboring Middle Jubba region, the militants executed a man
accused of practicing sorcery.

On July 3 and 4, al-Shabab shot and killed 10 men in 2 separate executions in
Hagar and Salagle towns in southern Somalia. The group accused the men of
spying for the Somali government, Kenya and the U.S. Central Intelligence
Agency.

All of the victims were convicted by militant courts, according to al-Shabab
affiliate media sites.

Al-Shabab courts do not allow lawyers to represent the defendants, and the
evidence largely relies on alleged confessions. Critics believe that
al-Shabab’s militias torture the accused to force the confessions.

The group did not give a reason for the surge in executions, but has been the
target of dozens of U.S. airstrikes over the past two and a half years. The
airstrikes are often ordered on the basis of ground-level intelligence
collected by Somali government sources.

In other violence, at least 7 people were killed and 22 others were injured in
Mogadishu on Monday in 2 separate attacks, witnesses say.

The 1st attack took place near a civilian hospital when Mogadishu police
stopped a vehicle loaded with explosives. The driver refused to exit the
vehicle, forcing police to open fire. Moments later the vehicle exploded
killing two people and injuring 18 others.

Separately, a suspected militant vehicle attempted to pass through a security
checkpoint on a crowded road in Mogadishu. Security forces responded killing 2
militants. A member of the police and 2 civilians were also killed according to
witnesses. 4 others were injured in the attack.

(source: voanews.com)

IRAN:

Iran to Sell Organs of Death Row Inmates

The organs of death row prisoners in Iran could be pre-sold to buyers under a
new law that is heavily condemned by Iran’s Association of Surgeons.

The head of the Iranian regime’s Judiciary, Ebrahim Raeesi, who was involved in
the 1988 massacre of 30,000 political prisoners, explained that an article has
been included in the criminal justice laws that would allow a convict to
“voluntarily offers his or her organ[s] before or after execution”. This would
be approved by the judge, the ministry of justice, and the coroners’ office
provided there is no medical obstacle that would render the organs unfit.

This law was heavily criticised by Iran’s Association of Surgeons, who
described it as “extremely worrying, damaging to our profession and the
prestige of Iran in the eyes of the civilised world”.

A professor who works in the liver transplant unit at the so-called ‘Khomeini
hospital’ in Tehran and is a member of the American Society of Transplantation
told the state-run ISNA news agency that no specialist surgeon would follow the
law because “it is immoral and against all the values of our profession”.

“Anyone sentenced to death would not be in a right frame of mind to
‘voluntarily’ offer their organs, unless they are forced to do so under immense
pressure. Members of our association of surgeon will never abide by this law."

Currently, Iran has a huge deficit in the number of organs available for
transplant, specifically kidneys, hearts, and livers, due to the vast number of
patients, especially those who cannot afford to pay.

Katayoun Najafizadeh, the head of Iran’s Organ Donations Society, said that
there are over 25,000 Iranian patients waiting on a transplant, but only 926
organs – mainly from car crash victims – were made available to the country’s
specialist hospitals last year.

Worse still, because it is legal to sell organs in Iran, thousands of people
from across the Middle East are visiting Iran’s private clinics in order to pay
for organs and skip the waiting list in their own countries. This shortage,
alongside the growing poverty in Iran, has led to an illicit black market where
poor people will advertise the sale of one of their kidneys for as little as
£200.

Rather than crack down or improve the lives of the poor, the regime has decided
to lean in.

(source: ncr-iran.org)

SAUDI ARABIA:

Donald Trump Keen to Cover for Mohammed Bin Salman No Matter What He Does As
Executions Double in Saudi Arabia, Activists Say

The 1st half of 2019 has been a bloody one in Saudi Arabia, with more than 1
prisoner executed by the government each day on average.

The number of executions in the first 6 months of the year is the highest
recorded in the past 5 years, and more than double the 55 from the same period
in 2018, according to a new report by the European Saudi Organisation for Human
Rights.

>From January until the end of June, 122 people were executed in the
ultra-conservative kingdom. Among them are 6 minors and 58 foreign nationals,
from nations including Pakistan, Yemen and Syria. 3 women were among those
killed, 1 each from Saudi Arabia, Nigeria and Yemen.

51 of those killed were executed for drug offenses, though ESOHR noted that in
many nations the crimes would not have been among the most serious.

Among the remainder were political prisoners—including many Shiite citizens,
persecuted in the Sunni-dominated nation—charged in relation to anti-government
protests. Some of these charges dated back to the Arab Spring, when unrest
spread to Saudi Arabia in 2011 and 2012 but was quickly crushed by the
government.

On just one day—April 23—37 people were executed. The majority of these had
been convicted of offenses linked to Shiite anti-government demonstrations,
ESOHR explained. The new focus on political dissenters shows that the country
is "experiencing a particularly brutal period of repression," the report said.

The soaring rate of executions in the authoritarian state comes despite Crown
Prince Mohammed bin Salman's promise—made in April 2018—to reduce the use of
the death penalty to as low as possible.

Salman, colloquially known as MBS, is the son and heir of the elderly King
Salman. Though not yet on the throne, he is widely believed to be the true
power behind the king and has amassed a formidable collection of state
responsibilities since seizing his position in a palace coup in 2017.

Speaking with Time, MBS said the royal family was seeking to "minimize" the use
of the death penalty. "There are a few areas we can change or lower the
sentence from execution to life imprisonment," he said. "So we are working for
two years through the government and also the Saudi parliament to build new
laws in that area. And we believe it will take one year, maybe a little bit
more, to have it finished."

But MBS has not delivered. Since making the pledge, 221 people have been
executed. While now hugely influential, he is part of a bigger problem—714
individuals have been executed since King Salman took the throne in January
2015.

The Saudi Arabian government did not immediately respond to Newsweek's request
for comment on the latest execution figures.

Ali Adubisi, the director of ESOHR, told Newsweek there appears not to be "any
signal" that MBS will follow through on his promise.

The young prince came to the fore lauded as a much-needed reformer, vowing to
liberalize the nation and diversify its oil dependent economy. The Vision 2020
initiative would, he told the world, open Saudi Arabia to global commerce,
offer new freedoms to its citizens and phase out some of the more archaic
elements of Saudi society.

But many of his actions have run contrary to the project. He led Saudi Arabia
into a devastating war in Yemen, was linked to the brutal murder of Washington
Post journalist Jamal Khasohggi, arrested and extorted billions from allegedly
corrupt Saudi business people, and cracked down on human rights, pro-democracy
and Shiite activists.

Regardless, world leaders have largely remained at his back. President Donald
Trump in particular has lauded his "friend" MBS, who he said last month is
doing a "fantastic job." Saudi Arabia's deep pockets, huge oil reserves and
strategic value against an aggressive Iran prompt many Western leaders to
overlook the human rights transgressions of the House of Saud.

Indeed, the next G20 summit—in November 2020—is scheduled to be held in Riyadh.
It seems that whatever MBS and his royal relatives do, the key players in the
international community are unwilling to ostracize them.

For domestic human rights groups, this support sends a clear message. "One of
the main difficulties they face is the support for MBS from the international
community, especially from the U.S. and the U.K.," Adubisi explained. "They are
clearly supporting MBS despite all these crises in human rights."

For Adubisi, MBS is the key driver of Saudi Arabia's expansion of capital
punishment. Only by increasing pressure on the crown prince can the
international community curtail executions.

The Trump administration in particular is constantly covering for MBS, Adubisi
suggested. But it is not only the president, his senior staff including Advisor
to the President Jared Kusher, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and National
Security Advisor John Bolton are all close with MBS.

The State Department did not immediately respond to Newsweek's request for
comment on the latest execution figures.

ESOHR noted its "serious concerns about the extent to which the Saudi
government will expand capital punishment this year." If the current execution
rate is maintained, there will be 244 executions by the end of 2019.

"Despite the lack of transparency in the Saudi government's use of detainees
and sentences, ESOHR has documented 23 cases current pending death sentences,
including those of at least three children," the organization said.

(source: newsweek.com)

IRAQ:

Armed Factions Accuse Anbar Commander of 'High Treason'

Iraqi Commander of operations in al-Anbar province Mahmoud al-Falahi was
recorded in recently-leaked audio talking to who he said was a CIA agent. In
the audio, he disclosed information on military bases and locations of Popular
Mobilizations Forces (PMF) in western Iraq.

The audio also revealed that the Iraqi official was asked to provide geographic
coordinates of existing PMF military bases especially of ''Iraqi Hezbollah
Brigades'' and al-Nujbaa to be attacked by US and Israeli forces.

Iraqi Defense Minister Maj. Gen Najah al-Shammari ordered the establishment of
a commission of inquiry after the recordings were published.

The Security and Defense Parliamentary Committee called for the formation of a
committee to investigate the veracity of the leaks, and some members even
pointed that Falahi might face the death penalty if the recordings were proven
to be true.

''Hezbollah Brigades'' attacked Falahi accusing him of “high treason”, adding
that some parties close to the commander and US embassy are trying to stoke
sectarianism.

Brigades’ spokesman Mohammed Mohiuddin asserted that evidence is clear of
Falahi’s involvement.

Mohiuddin said that ''Hezbollah Brigades'' expect the US Embassy to question
what has been published and adding that the case of commander Falahi involves
treason, espionage and conspiring against the Iraqi people.

Falahi’s silence on the accusations does not mean he is unable to respond, but
because he has been instructed by the Defense Ministry to remain silent until
the investigation results are released, according to a source close to Anbar
Operations Command.

The source, who preferred not to be named, said that the recording is
fabricated by well-known parties that seek to extend their influence over Anbar
areas, especially in the west.

He indicated that the commander of the operations regularly meets with US
leaders to coordinate with them on security issues in Anbar and the border with
Syria and Jordan, therefore he does not need to contact intelligence agents.

The source believes the issue is that certain factions and PMF brigades are
trying to take over al-Nukhayb Airport and other vital areas west of Anbar to
facilitate the movement and transit to Syria, which was not allowed by Falahi.

Anbar MP Adel al-Mahallawi condemned the “offensive fabrications” and desperate
attempts to undermine the army and its leaders.

He said that in recent days, a number of "unacceptable" statements were issued
against the army and its leaders. He praised the military and its efforts,
asserting that any offense against it is directed at all Iraqis.

The MP called on all political forces and the commander-in-chief of the armed
forces to take firm stances against anyone trying to weaken the military for
"evil" and "suspicious" purposes supported by foreign parties that are aiming
to target the security and stability of the country.

(source: aawsat.com)