[Deathpenalty] death penalty news----TENNESSEE

Rick Halperin rhalperi at smu.edu
Thu Oct 11 16:32:47 CDT 2018

October 11

TENNESSEE----10 day reprieve granted for Edmund Zagorski

Governor grants 10-day reprieve from execution for death row inmate Edmund
Zagorski

Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam on Thursday granted death row inmate Edmund Zagorski
a 10-day reprieve from execution.

“I am granting to Edmund Zagorski a reprieve of 10 days from execution of the
sentence of death imposed upon by him by a jury in 1984 which was scheduled to
be carried out later today," Haslam stated. "I take seriously the
responsibility imposed upon the Tennessee Department of Correction and me by
law, and given the federal court’s decision to honor Zagorski’s last-minute
decision to choose electrocution as the method of execution, this brief
reprieve will give all involved the time necessary to carry out the sentence in
an orderly and careful manner."

(source: WATE news)