[Deathpenalty] death penalty news----MISSOURI----Action for Earl Forrest

Rick Halperin rhalperi at smu.edu
Fri Apr 29 13:32:10 CDT 2016

Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty

MISSOURI----impending execution

A motion has been filed to stay the execution of EarlForrest. The motion
requests the Court issue a stay on grounds that the Missouri Department of
Corrections (DOC) knowingly and deliberately violated the Sunshine Law.
Additionally, there is evidence which suggests that Missouri officials violated
state procedures, Missouri State Auditor’s
recommendations, and federal tax laws in the manner in which they obtain lethal
injection drugs from an unknown supplier. We are awaiting updates.

What You Can Do

  *  Contact Governor Nixon to urge that he stay Earl Forrest’s execution until
the issues of cash
     payment, lack of documentation regarding the source of execution drugs, and
violation of audit
     recommendations can sufficiently be addressed. Call 573-751-3222; write a
letter, mailing it to
     Rm 216, State Capitol, Jefferson City MO 65101/faxing it to 573-751-1495;
e-mail via
     www.governor.mo.gov.
  *  Contact Attorney General Chris Koster to urge that he ensure justice by
facilitating the stay.
     Call 573-751-3321; write: PO Box 899, Jefferson City MO 652101; e-mail
www.ago.mo.gov.
  *  Contact your Missouri Senator and Representative to urge them to ensure the
establishment of
     transparency around the suppliers of execution drugs and the government’s
use of our tax
     dollars. To find your legislator:
http://www.senate.mo.gov/legislookup/default.aspx
  *  Attend the execution watch May 11, 2016

Spread the word! Forward this email to a friend.

Get involved in our campaign to end the death penalty!

Follow us on Facebook!

Support our efforts with a contribution.

(source: Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty