[Deathpenalty] death penalty news----Art and the Death Penalty

Rick Halperin rhalperi at smu.edu
Fri Aug 21 09:24:41 CDT 2015

From: Joel Zandén <joel at satila.net>

*****************

Hi,

I'm working for an artist in Sweden who's work is focusing on the Death Penalty
in the USA. His work
spans from reproductions of final meal requests to manuals intended for
executioners.

Our latest piece is a large photo book called Unclaimed Bodies. It's made in
collaboration with
renowned photographer Håkan Ludwigsson and contains photos of grave markers
from the Peckerwood Hill
cemetary in Huntsville, Texas.

It's one of our many looks at the prison industry in th US, from our European
point of view. We're
not doing the book for profit, we're trying to show the absurdity of the death
penalty with art.

In October we're premiering the book at the international book fair in
Frankfurt. Could you please
help me getting in contact with organisations, journalists, bloggers from the
USA who might be
interested in such a project (and maybe even attending the book fair)?

All the best!
Joel Zandén for Lennart Grebelius
in Gothenburg, Sweden

Joel ZandénSätila Holding AB