Rick Halperin rhalperi at smu.edu
Tue Sep 30 17:04:05 CDT 2014

Sept. 30

MALAYSIA:

25-year-old foreigner arrested for slashing employer

An Indonesian youth slashed his boss to death this morning after the latter
"humiliated" him.

Sabah Officer-In-Charge of Criminal Investigation Senior Assistant Commissioner
Salehhudin Abdul Rahman revealed the 25-year-old suspect was picked up by the
police around 10.15am today. He was detained at an palm oil plantation in Lahad
Datu, 4 hours after Mohamad Tuaran's body was found in a pool of blood by
members of the public.

A parang was also seized from the suspect, believed to be an illegal immigrant.

"We received a complaint around 6am from villagers at Kampung Dewata Lahad Datu
who found the body of a man under a house.

"A post mortem was carried out. It was found there were slash wounds on the
41-year-old victim's stomach and arms."

Initial investigation revealed that the victim felt he was humiliated by the
suspect, prompting him to attack and slash his employer to death.

The case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder,
which carries the mandatory death penalty on conviction. "With the suspect's
arrest, we believe we have solved the case."

(source: therakyatpost.com)